Saturday, September 18, 2010

A New Season....



I have noticed I seem to add to my blog when the weather reminds me that the seasons are changing. As the new school year begins I will try to post more often. I am so blessed with many things in my life and I think too often I take for granted all the things that happen in the everyday tasks of life and I only celebrate the "seasons changing".

 This fall has brought on a whole new "season" to my life. 

All my kids are in school. All day now. Natalie started kindergarten this year. In Illinois kindergarten is ALL day. From 8:15-2:30. I miss her. I loved having my little shadow following me around the house. Helping me clean. Going shopping with me. And all the things that "the girls" do. I even miss hearing kid shows on in the background as I try to get things done and I want her to be entertained. There were so many times I couldn't wait till bedtime so I could have a quiet house and now from 8 til 3 it is too quite. I know that this is all part of life's progression. I think it has helped me to have a deeper appreciation for Heavenly Father and His willingness to send all of His children to "school". In some ways it would be so much easier to have them home with me. At home I know what they are being exposed to. How they are being spoken to and how they are speaking to others. I can control more of what they are doing and eating and well, just control them more! But I know just like Heavenly Father's plan they need to have time on their own to learn. I will continue to teach them and influence them and help them along the way. I will also show them that I have faith in them that they can and will make good choices and they will accomplish all that they wish to accomplish. And just like my Heavenly Father whenever they need me I will be there for them to listen and council them and most of all love them. Reminds me of a song I loved as a new missionary. But now as a mother I see the words fit just as well. "God in His wisdom, designed a time and season, for every worthy purpose under Heaven." So now as I embark on a new season of motherhood I will appreciate that the quite hours are the sounds of children progressing and a mom that is letting them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment