Friday, August 12, 2011

"Dreams are nothing more than wishes and a wish is just a dream you wish to come true."


Before bed last night I was reading from D&C 138: starting in vs 18. It talks about Christ's ministry to the spirit world between his death and resurrection. The part that struck me was that Christ could not be in the presence of those that were rebellious towards the ancient prophets because where they were darkness reigned. So Christ organized the righteous to go and teach them the gospel. I was reminded of the continual love and forgiveness the Savior shows to all his brothers and sisters. I am so grateful for his love. And forgiveness. I don't know if it influenced my dreams last night but, my dad was in my dreams. We were all together again. My parents, siblings, and I. I could tell our spouses and children were there. I remember at times we would all look at each other as we spoke and we were thinking the same thought of, "Does dad realize that he died and that even though he is here he is really here only in spirit because he died." I ended up being the one to point this out to him. He looked at me and said to me," thanks Beck for pointing that out. I figured of all the kids you would. I am fully aware of that but I like to be around everyone when you're all together." This made us all quite comfortable and we continued with our conversations. During the visiting I brought up a very neat spiritual experience I had had that involved Amanda and also one that involved little Natty. After I shared it I felt I needed to turn and apologize to dad for sharing something so neat that he was not able to be a part of because he had already died when it had happen. He very lovingly replied,"he had been there, he has been able to be there for many of those things. And he was not all the way where he need to be yet. But he was working very hard to accomplish the things he needed to accomplish to be with our family in the eternities." I replied back to him that, "I bet he was even further along then he even realized." We all returned to our visiting and slowly we all realized that dad was no longer with us. We all missed his presence and kept trying to figure out what we could do to get him to come back. Including trying to figure out what hymn to play, thinking that just the right one would "lure" him back. But my dream was over and the visit with my dad was as well. So grateful the Savior organized the Spirit world so that there is continual learning and growth on the other side of the veil.

No comments:

Post a Comment