Be Humble Be Smart Be Involved Be Clean Be True Be Positive Be Humble Be Still Be Prayerful
Friday, October 16, 2009
Primary Miracle
This Sunday is our annual Primary program. I love teaching the kids new songs and then directing them while they sing in the Primary program. This year the theme is, " My Eternal Family". I guess it is only fitting that I keep having a certain memory pop into my mind as I prepare for this Sunday. When we lived in Missouri I was the chorister at that time. It was two weeks before our program. I became very sick and I had to miss quite a few of the practices. My dear friend, who was the president at that time, was very concerned about who would lead the kids if I did not get better. She asked the children the Sunday before if they would all say their prayers that I would get better and be able to lead them in their songs. That Sunday morning I was able to get up, get ready, and lead them in the program. I was sweating bullets, exhausted, and went home and back to bed right after. But, I did it and the program was wonderful. My friend went to Primary and shared with them all that there was truly a miracle in the ward that day. She then shared how their prayers were answered and I was able to be there. I am sure that no one else realizes there was another miracle that was beginning to happen for me that day. I didn't realize it until 5:00 am this morning. There was a sister at that time in the ward that had recently found out her breast cancer had returned. She was going through the treatments and was feeling just well enought to come to church that week. I will never forget her face or her big hug after the program. As she hugged me she let me know of the fine job she thought I did. She was so grateful she was able to be there for that Sunday. Beacause that was the meeting she looked forward to all year. She loved watching those children bear testimony through word and song. Fast forward quite a few months and I found myself in the hospital delivering my little baby girl. She came a week early. Just like her mother she works in her own time frame. While holding my new baby girl I recieved a call that this sweet sister with cancer had passed away. I couldn't help but reflected on life and how it all works together. As one spirit moves on to it's new journey, another spirit begins it's own here on earth. That is a miracle. Fast forward quite a few years. I found out one of my sweet little sisters from this same ward was fighting her own battle with cancer. At the same time I learned my brother and sister-in-law were expecting. How would their journey's turn out? In August, in the same week, my new nephew was born. He began his journey on earth;and my sweet little sister began her new journey as well. She began it on the the exact same day my dear friend with breast cancer had began hers so many years ago. They both left the exact same home, surrounded by some of the same people who loved them so dearly. But more importantly than that, at the start of their new journeys, they were both greeted by someone that loves them even more than any of us here on earth. Now THAT is a Miracle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment